Sunday, August 1, 2010

My ten favorite artists (part 2 of more than 2)

6. Acapella
Yet another men's quartet. 1982-current

Wait a second, that's not fair. Why do THEY get to name their group after a musical style? Well, actually acapella isn't really even a word, it is just a respelling of "a capella" which means in Italian "In The Manner of The Church". So they aren't cheating.

Although the members were swapped out a lot, they kept the same style for the most part. But they sounded best when they had two black guys and two white guys singing together. (This was the case in several of there lineups) These guys are number one on my list a lot of the time, but they somehow didn't come to my mind until I had decided on the first five.

Some of there other good songs are here and here.

Sorry, I have to leave now.

No comments: