Monday, May 11, 2009

Last night's Church sevice

Dr. Bordwine's sermon last night was on the topic of reputation. I have heard sermons on this topic many times before, but I always learn something new. The specific new thing I learned last night was that because a good reputation is to be desired above great wealth, we should defend it. If someone spreads lies about our reputation, we must not hesitate to let the truth be known. Dr. Bordwine made the point that when you try to defend the truth, you will often be accused of being "defensive," to which we must reply, "yes I am, because it is the right thing to do."

I didn't take very good notes last night, but I am hoping to start summarizing the evening sermons on this blog, so that those who can't be there might still know what is being said.

I'm excited about choir, even if it is not at the most convenient time.

No comments: